Please read the following information carefully before making an application.
Each Applicant Must
- Be working in full-time employment or in the case of starting new employment, be able to supply a copy of a formal written contract indicating salary and start date. If the employment is of a temporary nature it must be through a recognised employment agency and proof of 12 months earnings must be provided.
- Have a good credit history (subject to appeal where proof can be provided)
- Have satisfactory references from the previous landlord / letting agent (if applicable)
- Earn a gross annual salary which equates to at least 30 times the monthly rental commitment (e.g. Rent £600 × 30 = annual salary of 18,000 required)
- Company applications must be submitted on the Company Application Form : All Companies must be Limited and registered at Companies House with annual returns filed and accounts up to date. New Companies and those with no filed information will require a Directors Guarantee. Non-Limited Companies, Partnerships and Sole Traders must be treated as Individual Applicants using the individual application form.
An applicant will need a Guarantor when
- The Applicant cannot be located on the Voters Role at the address(es) given and is unable to provide proof of residency.
- Their salary is less than the ratios above.
- They have an adverse credit history (an adverse credit history that would be acceptable with a guarantor would mean: A single County Court judgement / Court Decree for no more than £300 in the last 3 years).
Each Guarantor must
- Be a resident in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or I.O.M. NOTE: Guarantors residing in the Channel Islands, Eire or elsewhere in the World are not acceptable.
- Have a clean credit history- subject to appeal where documentary proof can be provided.
- Earn an annual salary of 36 times the monthly rent (e.g. Rent £600 × 36 = annual salary of £21,600 required)
An applicant will be declined without the right of appeal if they:
- Have more than one CCJ / CD or totalling more than £300
- Have an adverse reference from the landlord, managing agent or employer.
Deposits and fees
We will require a deposit in addition to the first month’s rent. These amounts will be required before you take occupancy of the property. The deposit will usually be the Amount of the Monthly Rental × 1.25. e.g. Rent of 800.00, deposit will be 800.00 × 1.25 = 1000.00.
The fees chargeable to the tenant are towards the cost of obtaining references, credit searches, preparation of the tenancy agreement / property inventory and setting up the tenancy. These charges are £175.00 + VAT = £210.00 where there is one tenant, or £230.00 + VAT = £276.00 for sharers and couples (up to two adults). This fee will also reserve the property for you. This fee is non-refundable. Admin fees can be paid by cash, cheque, debit or credit cards at no extra cost.Download Tenancy Application Form